The Terrible Two phase with children could well be associated with the latest chapter of Apollonian. During this time toddlers experience rapid growth — physically, mentally and socially – while testing the boundaries of their own independence.
For Apollonian rapid growth has meant longer nights spent in front of the computer to finish projects, less time to deal with missteps and trading in that Friday party for a relaxed night at home – and maybe also a few of to those famous temper tantrums of frustration.
Yet, the year has also given us all confidence and credibility. We’ve seen growing need for our service, which has pushed us to on-boarding clients quicker and close cases faster. We have come into our own after testing our concept with new networks and business partners and found exciting opportunities for collaboration.
Apollonian is no longer a company that needs validation but a showcase on what you can achieve with hard work and determination. We have declared our independence and become a valued professional in the industry.
Here are some of the highlights of 2018
- Cementing the concept of Apollonian. A year ago we reported about our first steps and since then our offering has become a go-to solution on the market. Awareness around holistic valuation solutions continues to grow as important tools in building a sustainable economy and we are proud of being a forerunner.
- Analysis and valuation cases grew close to 140%(YOY) covering sectors from life science industries to FinTech. Analysis services were utilised from early stage and start-up rounds to C-rounds and pre-IPOs while also listed companies benefitted from the services.
- Advisory to funding rounds grew cumulatively 35%(YOY) totalling at over 120.5 million with the largest rounds in Fintech and MedTech. The size of rounds in 2017 and 2018 varied from 0.3K€ to 50m€, showcasing the flexibility of the valuation and analysis services regardless of sector or the size of the round.
- We broadened the scope of industries we servicereaching new audiences on the customer side and gained a lot of interest through a feature on Bloomberg. Throughout the year, valuations and funding of companies have been the topics of many media and influencers like Bill Gates.
- New partnership networkswere established in the Nordics as well as in Luxembourg with the Luxembourg House of Financial Technology(LHOFT).
- We grew our international network of clients and investorsfrom 10 countries in one continent to 15 countries in two continents.It is incredibly important for us to gather business practices and insights from different regions to understand what makes companies great regardless of location.
What to expect in 2019
The pace of innovation is faster than ever in the history of creating new business models, mostly because of advances in technology. Throughout different sectors, smart businesses are changing the way they’ve always operated finding new opportunities while constantly addressing threats.
We are witnessing this change within the somewhat rigid financial industry as well. Up-to-date metrics, data and transparency are beginning to influence the evaluation of opportunities and threats. Especially on the private equity side, more and more investors and companies alike are seeking our support in providing them with state-of-the-art analysis.
During the social media era, the hype is often seen as a proof of success but as statistician W. Edwards Deming put it “without data you´re just another person with an opinion”. These wise words have been starting to sink in within the financial industry where finding value for money is increasingly challenging.
We expect continued growth for 2019 and hope to welcome new clients and business opportunities through a growing network of professionals. Our vision of being the go-to provider for companies looking to stand out of the competition is slowly and surely becoming a reality.
Thank you to all of our partners, clients, friends, families, and our extended network that have supported us. We wish everyone a happy and prosperous new year!
The Apollonian team